1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to fisher plows have question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by critter, Sep 16, 2007.

1. critter

critter Junior Member
    from 01757

hi guys i just bought a 02 gmc 2500hd it had the mounts and wiring for a 3 plug mm plow
    so i found a used one hooked it up worked great so brought it home ..but i didnt realize when i was testing it that when i moved the joystick left the plow angled right and moving it right it went left. but up and down work fine any ideas???????

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Just guessing, but I'd say first to check the hydraulic fluid level. Then bleed any air out and check the level again. If that doesn't help, check the plug contacts and the controller contacts. After that, I'd take it to a dealer to check out.

I had that exact thing happen on a MM1 Insta Act 9' I used to have. I just didn't believe it could be anything to do with the fluid because it would go up fine. I was pulling my hair, cussing a streak, took the controller apart three times to blow it out and seeing big $$$ for a new plow. Finally got convinced to bleed the system. It worked like a charm till I sold it.

3. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

try switching the two hoses that go to the angle rams. switch them where they come out of the pump unit, it may just be that, if so, its a simple fix - Nick

4. critter

critter Junior Member
    from 01757

i checked around a little the joystick the solonoid and the wires in the plow they look fine the unit is low on fluid but dont see why the thing would do that...anyway how do it bleed the plow mick and nick v the hoses seem to be it the right place if i switch them will it mess up anything also what kind of fluid {hydro} do i use and how much...

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Do you have an owner's manual? If not, use this link to the Fisher site:

http://www.fisherplows.com/pdf/26407.02_060105.pdf

Page 26 - Maintenance. But instead of keeping the hose out of the fluid, you want to keep it IN the fluid, to let air be forced out but pull fluid back in.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2007