1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to Fisher, looking for thoughts

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by SCSIndust, Jan 18, 2010.

1. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

I have been a Meyer guy for the past 10 years, but I recently acquired a truck with a 9' MM1 on it. I was really impressed with the whole setup compared to my Meyers. I know Meyer is discontinuing their older classic mount setups, and their e47, and e60 pumps. I was thinking of switching to MM1 for my trucks. I can get setups for a pretty good price of craigslist.

So, really, I was wondering if it is worth it to switch over to MM1 or are they considered obsolete? I refuse to buy new setups, as they cost way to much for th e amount of snow we get in a year. So I usually buy used setups. I just don't want to get rid of old Meyer setups to buy older Fisher setups to be in the same boat. I did notice a lot of the setups are using the SEHP pumps, which I heard are tried and true.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

MM1's are solid plows IMO. Relatively simple design and parts are readily available. Not sure it would make financial sense to switch but that's up to you. The later MM1 with the insta-act pumps are regarded as better units, but I've only owned SEHP units. Both have been trouble free.

3. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

Just to clarify, I am planning on selling my Meyer setups as they are still really popular around here. So, I figure the money I get should offset the better part of a Fisher used setup.