1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to commercial

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by toddon22, Feb 12, 2010.

1. toddon22

toddon22 Member

im trying to get into the commercial aspect of the snow plowing business for the next winter year. i will have all the correct and legal insurance to do this but what im having trouble is, is figuring out the best way to obtain commerical accounts in my area. What do I need to do to get comm lots , how do I go about trying to get them? not sure what I need to do any help is much appreicated

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Call then see if they have a bid packet or are acceptif bids. And send a bid in

3. toddon22

toddon22 Member

ok. whats a "bid packet"?

4. ajslands

Documents required to be submitted in response to an invitation to bid (ITB). These include the prescribed bid form, drawings, specifications, time lines, charts, price breakdowns, etc. Bids not accompanied by all the required documents are considered incomplete bids, and are usually automatically rejected.

5. toddon22

toddon22 Member

cool thanks a lot. so your basically saying that any jobs that I wanna bid on that don't have a bid packet, will probably just reject my bid and not really consider it?

6. ajslands

No, cuz some companies don't do it that way, call and see if they are accepting bids, and then send one in and an ealry warning, be carefull on apartments becasue some of them have like 200 managers and one might say one thing and another guy will say something diffret. Or one guy is cool and the other, you just wanna punch the guy in the face.

7. toddon22

toddon22 Member

alright thanks for the help

8. ajslands

No problem....