1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to commercial plowing

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Mont74, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Mont74

Mont74 Junior Member

Hey everyone, this is our second year in snow removal, we live on Whidbey Island in Washington State and rarely have the opportunity to plow much snow. Last year we were out plowing Banks, apartments and residentials with 2 front end loaders. This year we have a little better equipment. We were contacted by USM about snow removal for our Walmart. It is per event pricing. The problem that I have, is i Have no idea how to properly bid a job like this. Last year we just bid $120 per man hour, but I can't do that with USM. I was hoping, being that i'm on opposite coast from most of you, you could help me out a little. By the way I have no lisenced contractors to compete with, just some fly by nights.
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Use the search function and type in "USM"

Good luck this winter :waving:
  3. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

all i can say about usm is RUN DON'T WALK
  4. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Welcome to Plow Site

There are four topics about USM on the same page as you are posting on. If not enough, go back a few pages or like Camden said, try the Search function.

Good luck
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Welcome Mont and good luck with USM
  6. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

first...be careful what you wish for.

secondly, to answer your question about qouting. they want seasonal pricing, so first you have to figure out how many trips on average you're going to experience. next, figure out how much square footage of parking lot you can plow in a hour, then figure up the square footage of wal-mart, that will yeild the time you think it's going to take to plow that place. multiply it by how many trips you experience and what your profit percetnage will be and there's your seasonal price.