1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to commercial plowing!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by aaron580, Oct 19, 2014.

1. aaron580

aaron580 Junior Member

Hello all, since my job gets very slow in the winter other than selling salt and snowex spreaders, I will be plowing commercially this year! Ive already gotten myself the truck in my sig, and the Boss 9'2 DXT to go on it along with a 1075 spreader. I have quite a bit of experience moving snow with tractors (I sell them and have a couple of my own), but this will be my first year with the truck. I am curious what pay rates I should be looking for in central/southside Indiana? Currently, I will be helping one of our commercial mowing customers for 75$ per hour. This will mainly be LARGE housing developments and a few parking lots here and there. That does not include the salting and odd jobs Ill do with other people. Also, what do you guys recommend for ballast in the truck other than salt bags or a V spreader? Just curious to see ideas.

Considering using my cab tractor commercially as well with its 7.5ft subframe blade, but that will probably be used at home on our gigantic hill. Will post pictures of the rig soon. Thanks for all the help!

2. cvwhr

cvwhr Member

Call me 317-850-1805, might be able to egt you some sub work if you are set up with the rite paper work.
    Thanks Pat