1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New To commercial lots!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by PlowWestern, Nov 2, 2013.

1. PlowWestern

PlowWestern Junior Member
    from PA

Hey guys i'm new to commercial lots. Bidding the snowplowing isn't the hard part for me I'm trying to figure out bidding the salt part. Both lots are gonna be about 3/4 of an acre a piece. About how much salt should I expect to use, and what would the normal charge for salting that be?
  2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

20 lbs per 1000 sqf..... 3 x whatever your costs are....... its been asked ALOT on here and the search button is your friend......and welcome to the forum!
  3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

500-700lbs depending on the condition of the lot might take more if you trying melt 1'' of snow off
  4. PlowWestern

PlowWestern Junior Member
    from PA

Thanks and yes I was looking for it but I was finding so many different answers I figured i'd throw it out there again just to see what I got for an answer and thank you for your help