1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to business, need help!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by hathaway14, Sep 29, 2005.

1. hathaway14

hathaway14 Junior Member

I am new to the landscaping business, and I have a lawn client which needs snow removal svcs, which is great. I'm worried to over/under bid, and I'd hate to lose him. Please give me some advice about pricing out his property. He has a doctor's office with two lots, one on the right, and on the left sides of the building. (lot #1 - 105 x 130 ft & lot #2 - 105 x 85 ft) The property also has a lot of sidewalk surrounding it, measuring out to about 550ft. I'm looking for a per push rate . ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREAT!!!...thanks - Brian

2. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

$800.00 per push! :waving:

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Any islands or light poles in the lot? What kind of truck are using, or is it a skid loader? Its hard to give an answer if we dont know what you all have going on.

4. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

figure out how much salt will cost you and then how much you have to plow it, then put together a bid that covers your cost and you make a profit.
    We charge about $120 an hour for a truck. Bidding high is better than bidding low. Hope this helps you
    payup

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Doctors make a lot of money off iobama care so I would charge them a premium for plowing

6. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

way to revive a 10 year old thread GV!

7. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

here i was about to comment about it being a little late in the season to hop into the business.

8. fartbox333

fartbox333 Member

Or you could just figure out your operating expenses and figure out a fair price to charge so you can make a profit and make it worthwhile. Not sure why you need to charge someone a premium just because of what you think that they make or if they make money on obamacare but if that's how you price good luck.

9. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

^ they dont have to accept his bid ether.
    we are free to bid it up or down...

id rather have a few high priced lots than a bunch is avg priced lots.;)

I believe it's called being a good capitalist.
    some of us do this to make $$$$

10. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Good Capitalism or what the market will bare is all the same, why leave money on the table if you can get more.:nod:

11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

yes we;ll need to take an x ray of the lot before we can quote you a price.