1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to BOSS

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by phishoook, Oct 21, 2007.

1. phishoook

phishoook Member

Overall is Boss a good plow to run? I was in between a V or a straight 8' with wings, But now my two mechanics have talked me out of the V because of the weight and Chevy's front suspension.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Once you get the V you never go back!
  3. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

If you are plowing football fields, streets or big wide open areas just wind rowing, a straight blade is just as fast as a Vee for 99% of the lot. Now if you're plowing a McD's or something similar, the Vee will save a bunch of time, 30% is what I see....
  4. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

if you can justify the need and and close to a grand more the vee is great as long as the truck has the suspension . they are versatile other wise the straight blade is more than enough .

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

A vee would be fine on a gm front end. Just add some timberns o the front and maybe a few cranks on the t-bars and you'll be all set. I run a 8'2'' poly on my 04 gmc ex cab and my front end doesn't barely sag at all, maybe a inch. Hope this helps

6. phishoook

phishoook Member

8' blade, wings, and snow deflector are on the way. $3688 tax and installed.
  7. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

You got a New 8' Boss plow, a Boss deflector and Boss wings for $3,688 installed on the truck ? I want the guys number, seeing the wings are $650 alone.
  8. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

x2, I'm not to far away from IN, I'll be there tomarrow.
  9. phishoook

phishoook Member

I would tell ya, but I'd have to kill ya:gunsfiring:

This was a one-time deal thing. I was going to get a western mvp from snowplowsupply.com, when my Dad said that his friend could get plows and to go talk to him. So after he made a few calls he talked me out of a V, and said the Boss's were cheaper.

...He gave the wings to me for $280, and the distributor threw in the deflector for free. He's dosnt normally sell plows, just when someone needs one.
  10. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Can he make a second deal? I'm in woodstock,IL (under 3hrs away) and need a plow but only have a mount so far.

PM me if you have any info. Thanks
  11. phishoook

phishoook Member

I stand corrected, If it's too good to be true.... you know the story. He couldn't get the plows promised , and I got my money back.
  12. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Oh man that sucks! You need to get a plow quick that lake effect will be starting up any day. I was in Portage on Thursday and was driving through flurries.
  13. phishoook

phishoook Member

no kidding. it spit snow wednesday and thursday morning here.

I did have my regular equipment dealer hold a V blade for me. It's last years Western MVP. now I just have to find a way to come up with the exrta $$$