1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to boss plows

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by catzr440sp, Sep 19, 2016.

1. catzr440sp

catzr440sp Member

I just picked up my first boss v plow, but it's the RT1 model. I had the fisher mm2 plow before. Its my understanding that I can use the rt2 wire harness with my rt1? I just need to know what pin number my plow harness is? It was all hacked up when I picked it up yeaturday. Any and all help would be great! Thanks in advance.

2. Yomax4

Yomax4 Junior Member

DId you get this figured out? I have a wire diagram and manual for the RT1. I have one. It was stored new for the last 12 years. I'm putting it to use this year after struggling with mounting.

3. catzr440sp

catzr440sp Member

Actually Im pretty sure I did. What a struggle! Long story, but I had a local welder make me a mount. I still haven't put it on my truck yet. Not enough hours in the day it seems. But hopefully within the next cpl. Weeks I can. I did buy a adaptor for the wire harness that will allow me to use either a hand held controller, or the joy stick controller. But I do still have the old push button style just in case.

4. Yomax4

Yomax4 Junior Member

DId you get this figured out? I have a wire diagram and manual for the RT1. I have one. It was stored new for the last 12 years. I'm putting it to use this year after struggling with mounting.

5. Yomax4

Yomax4 Junior Member

I was just searching on here. I wanted to know if I could upgrade my old rocker switch box control to a hand held? Looks like you did the work already. Do I dare ask about the adaptor? Or do you want to part with the old Box? I was just about to build a new wiring harness for the box ( cracked wires) but if I can get an adaptor and upgrade to a hand held I would consider that.

6. catzr440sp

catzr440sp Member

I bought both, a hand held and a joystick off of craigslist. So I really have no use for the old rocker style box. I haven't hooked anything up as of yet to see if everything works. I will let you know how it turns out.

7. Yomax4

Yomax4 Junior Member

Seems like the hand held controllers would need a relay or some kind of protection due to the small wires. The old rocker box used 12ga wires hooked direct to the pump motor solenoid and battery. I need to research this. My plow came off of an 89 F350. I wanted to put it on a 99 F250 so I found a 99 250 mount and installed it. then I had to add 2" to both sides of the push bar to bolt to the mount. Now i'm holding the front lift and light frame up there trying to figure how to Fab it up to bolt on. I'm moving the motor/pump/valves out front instead of under the hood. Winter is close and I got a lot to do.. Thanks

8. catzr440sp

catzr440sp Member

If you email me at

Catzr440@live.com

I can send you some pictures of how I had my mount made up. Looks pretty good. And my pump and valve bank is mounted on it also.

9. Yomax4

Yomax4 Junior Member

I travel the UP. Baraga, Pelkie, Houghton etc. Love it.

10. Yomax4

Yomax4 Junior Member

Pics would be cool. May save the day for me. Thanks.

11. catzr440sp

catzr440sp Member

Well I have decdied to NOT go with this plow after all. I got an excellent deal on a 4 year old western ultra mount plow set up. I have everything I have for this plow for sale. I have had some interest in it, but I know some parts are very hard to find, if even possible to get. I mite consider selling the hydrolic valve bank and the rebuilt pump if anyone is interested in it? Make me a fair offer on them