1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to Boss, have a few questions

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by affekonig, Jan 22, 2009.

1. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I've had a lot of Western Unimounts, but this is my first Boss and I have a few questions.

1. Drop speed adjustment. I know how to do it and I asked about it in another thread. The jam nut it stuck to the adjustment screw. The screw moves in and out fine, but I can't adjust the jam nut to set the new adjustment and the allen hole is about stripped making it a pain to break the jam nut lose. Can I removed the whole screw without damaging anything or losing all the fluid?

2. How old is this plow?

3. What's behind the rectanglar brace that goes accross the back of the blade? I ask because I have pro wings from another plow that I'd like to put on if it's safe to drill holes in that brace.

4. Can I upgrade to a V by just getting a new controller?

I can't post a pic for some reason, but here's a link to another thread with a pic:

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=77208

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  2. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

When I say "remove the screw" I just mean to get it off the plow and bring it in the house to work on getting the jam nut lose. I know I can't go out plowing without the screw in there, I just want to work on it where it's warm. It doesn't seem like the screw wants to come all the way out and I don't want to crank on it if it isn't supposed to be puller all the way out. Thanks.