1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to board and need help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sosnow, Dec 11, 2002.

1. sosnow

sosnow Junior Member

Hello every one. I am in nc and we don't get snow on a regular basis. BUT we do a lot of commerical accounts and keep snowed pushed with skidsteers and tractors, we had one 12 incher last year. We are going to buy a plow asap to put on a 89 f250 4x4 gas truck. We have a Myers and a Snowway dealer here. I was wondering

1, how hard to install the mount on the truck.
    a, how many holes do you need to drill in the frame????

2, which brand will work better for us?

Thanks inadvance for your help, I know this sounds stupid to you real snow guys. But we could use some good advise. thanks again

southern snow, what a trip!!!
  2. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

Don't know anything about Snoway but I've got 9 Meyers and have installed over 20 my self over the years. I just put one on my brother inlaws 89 Ford X cab Diesal. Drilled 2 5/8 holes. Simple. I'll answer questions if you end up with a Meyers. Good luck.:)
  3. sosnow

sosnow Junior Member

thanks, I feel good about the myers and installaton. I will keep you posted on the progress. How about them panthers????
  4. wyldman

wyldman Member

Haven't seen a Snoway mount for a Ford,but if they are like our chevy's,then they are pretty simple,no drilling,uses existing bolts or holes.

I would take the Snoway over the Meyers,especially with the down pressure system.