1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to bidding

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by the_md81, Feb 20, 2013.

1. the_md81

the_md81 Junior Member
    from 53045

Howdy all,

I do all my own landscaping, property maintenance, etc.but I just started snowplowing this year so I started out as a sub-contractor. Next year I will be doing all my own accounts but I need some help on bidding. Just got a call from this place who said they went over their books yesterday and found that the snow plow guy they had was screwing them over so they wanted to get a new guy for the rest of the year.

Any suggestions as to per visit estimates and then a year round estimate? How much salt do you think will be needed? They need the whole sidewalk and steps shoveled/salted as well.

Thanks

Estimate.jpg

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

More info on this screwing. You mean it snowed he plowed and billed them and now they are mad?

3. andersman02

andersman02 Senior Member

Depends on the contractor, but the "snowplow guy screwing them" should be a red flag. They may not see the value in snowplowing therefor seeing someone that works for $100/hr will look absurb to them. Unless we can see the Sq. Ft. for both plowing along with sidewalks and where to stack, itll be hard to give a good estimate on price along with going rates around you

4. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

ah the old "screwing" problem... nobody wants somebodies seconds. Find out the problem, then get back to us. If you are subbing, then where is the extra time to plow it for the rest of the season coming from?