1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to all of this

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by roadrr, Sep 1, 2014.

1. roadrr

roadrr Junior Member

ok hope I don't ramble on to bad......... I bought a 1999 dodge ram in april, bought a used western unimount same time, ( he said it came off a 1999 dodge ram). question is how do I connect the headlight harness, I have one light on each side the hb-1 9004, but my harness has a set up for dual headlights on each side, harness is the 26027. any ideas, I read here where guys just use a 3 position switch, would this work just as well? any wiring diagrams and or pics would be great, Yes ive looked at all the wiring diagrams online, some explaination would be great, thanks!

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Either the proper headlight harness or cut and splice. Or like you said, a switch. Using a switch and relay might be your best bet if you don't wanna spend the money for the proper harness

3. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

I think the harness you have is off a sport. Which has different headlights. Two instead of one. You could change your lights to sport? Lots of info on dodge forums about upgrading to sport lights.

4. roadrr

roadrr Junior Member

so when you say relays what relays do I need, also how do I find out which harness I may need, cant find anything on the western site?

5. roadrr

roadrr Junior Member

so riddle me this batman, why cant I just use the harness I have and remove the uneeded wires and relays?

6. dieselss

Sure thing boy wonder
    When you turn on your brights your low beans go out. So if you don't wire them in you won't have high beams and your plow lights will turn off as well
    You can switch your plow lights by using a switch and relay set up.....hotwire so to speak That's what I was talking about

7. roadrr

roadrr Junior Member

8. dieselss

Ill try, might not be for a bit