1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New tires!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Snowbrdr360, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

Well, the stock tires looked like they bellonged on a schwin, so out with the old (1800 miles) and in with the new! 285/75/16 Pro Comp Xterrains! Prob coulda gone bigger but i didn't want to trim anything... Hopefully in the next couple months once the mowing kicks back up i'll be getting some Moto Metal 951 rims in black that these will go onto, stockers will go back on these for winter use:gunsfiring:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

they make that truck look tough i like them

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

How much did those run you if you don't mind me asking? Do you get any rub on the front fender at all with them? What weight rating are they and how are they rated for snow? They look really good on there!!

4. Snowbrdr360

Well, they have a deal going right now (most procomp online dealers) 4 for the price of 3, they do raise the price of the other tires by about 20 bucks each but i paid 199 each for 3 and got free shipping. Not a bad deal at all in my opinion! They look sweet on the truck, I was going to go bigger but didnt want any rubbing issues since im in the woods all the time. They at LT tires with a D load range, availible in E but ill never carry that much wieght so it wasnt worth the extra scratch to me! Do not rub at all but I did have my bars cranked to level the truck a week or so after I bought it

Extreamly happy so far, it really sets the truck off for a small ammout of money... Will look even better once I get the rims!

5. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

I like em. I would keep the stock chromes over as set of black after market rims.

6. Tractor Plower

Tractor Plower Senior Member

Those tires look fantastic! I might get myself some of those since they are available in load range E. I need the capacity. I tink i'd only use those in the summer though, as my truck sees alot of off-road WORK (not play) wesport

Great lookin' rig, too!

-Miketymusic

7. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

I bet that thing would be unstopable if you left them on for plowing. I run MT'S for plowing and they are great!

8. Snowbrdr360

They may just end up stayin on, there's a whole lot up in the air right now, i may purchase a second truck (used 02 2500HD gasser) and make that my plow/work truck. In that case this one is getting a 6-8" cognito lift:yow!:

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

When/if you get your new rims and if you want to sell the ones that are on there now, please let me know as im looking to put a set of 2500HD wheels on my 97 k2500

10. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

nice looking tires!! I almost bought a set of those..