1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Tires

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kemmer, Aug 30, 2005.

1. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

I have a 01 silverado, and i need new tires. I currently have stock tires, but i was looking into getting 265's or 285's. I was looking at getting Dueler A/T REVO's.

Does anybody have any pics of silverados with either 265s or 285s?

Dueler A/T REVO

2. Up North

Up North Senior Member

snowy,
    I have a 2000 1/2 ton Silverado with the Bridgestone Dueler A/T's. They are a bit different then the REVO's but I sure like them. Very quiet and good traction in all conditions. Got almost 60,000 miles on them and I think there's enough tread to get me thru this next season. Mine are the 265's. I have a buddy with 285's on his 2500HD and they rub pretty good.

Buck

3. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Click the link in my sig to see my HD with 285's. No rubbin at all.

William

4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Um, why on earth would you want a wider tire in the snow anyway??
    Tall and narrow...tall and narrow.
    I have 265/75R16's for summer tires- they plow pretty good brand new, but the narrower tire gives better performance in snow and mud. I run 235/85R16's for snows or (current snows) are stock size for my truck 245/75R16.

5. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Mine is getting a set of 315's in a few weeks. Filling the wheel well is more important to me than being narrow.

6. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

Also, my current tires are Load E, But some of the 285's only come with Load D. How will this effect my truck and its hauling ability?

7. cumminswithplow

cumminswithplow Senior Member

Look at the specs on the tires and compare them with the e range. I found there was only a 500lb difference. So for me it wasnt a big deal. And my truck pulls a 5er with a 1900lb pin weight.

8. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Load range e will have a stiffer side wall, a good thing when plowing lots around here. Every fricken lot has curved islands, a pain in the a$$. You cant help but rub your rear tires when plowing curb to curb.
    Todd

9. Up North

Up North Senior Member

William,
    Did you do any mods to the wheel well or anything? Seriously, my buddies 285's rub like the dickens when he turns. And he does have the 2500HD in 4 door.

Buck

10. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Buck- All that was done was the t-bars getting adjusted. I'm not sure how much they were adjusted because the dealership did it,but I do know that it is not very much. The truck still sits nose heavy. He could take a look at the Contigo leveling kit that helps raise the front end by2 inches.

William

11. Up North

Up North Senior Member

that's the difference right there. I don't think he's ever touched his torsions as he doesn't have a need too really. In fact he probably wouldn't even know what the torsions are... :) Go figure, all he does with his 2500HD is drive it around from place to place. He could use a Geo Metro for hauling the little bit of stuff I've ever seen him tote around. :rolleyes:

Buck