1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Tires On The Chevy

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mercer_me, Jun 19, 2012.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I decided it was finally time for new tires for my 2002 Chevy 1500. I honestly can't believe I plowed all winter with my old ones. I love the Good Year Wrangler Dura Tracs on my Dad's Tundra so, I got the same thing for my Chevy. They ride better and are a lot quieter than my old tires. I went two sizes bigger than my old tires, 265-75R16.

One of my old rear tires. (The front didn't wear as bad for some reason. LOL)

[​IMG]

My new tires.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The brand new spare I bought. (265-75R16)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  2. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

tires look nice ... what's up with the spare wheel .... I would not trust that !!!!

3. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

It's amazing how smooth and quiet the DuraTrac's are. The only noise my 285's make is in a high speed corner, but even that's not too bad. Possibly the best tire I've ever used.

4. mercer_me

Thanks. It's a solid wheel, it's just surface rust.

They are very quite and the wear like steel. The ones on the Tundra are just as quiet as the stock tires that came on it.

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

The duratrac's on heavier trucks do anything but wear like steel. Stability issues and they wear fast. A couple friends of mine who have them talked me out of them when I needed new tires a couple months ago.

6. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

The jeep crowd likes them a lot and they last a good amount of time (at least on a Wrangler) Not sure on a full size truck. Pretty good off road for the qualities that they posses on road. What ive heard is they are a good tire for the cost.

7. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

Are we talking about E range tires? I'd expect those results from a C range tire.

8. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Friend had them on his 08 f250 (E Range) and said they were great tires, but once weight was put in the bed or a trailer was hooked up they would become very unstable. I don't remember if he said it was from tread squirm or sidewall flex but he ended up taking them off and putting terra grapplers on instead. Another truck I know of (07 2500 cummins) has them and they seem to be wearing pretty quickly but it's more of a play truck then used for work.

9. mercer_me

Both sets we have are load range E and they were great. They also handle great when we haul trailers.

10. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'll have to look at my friends tires but I'm sure they are E's. Their on an f250 that's around 8100lbs unloaded. When it was just the truck he said they were great but put 1500lbs in the bed or hook up to a decent sized trailer and the truck got pretty interesting to drive in a hurry he said.