1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New tires for my hemi ram

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by huskerfan523, Jan 4, 2011.

1. huskerfan523

huskerfan523 Member

Got a 2004 2500 quad cab ram, hemi lifted 3 inches, western 7.5 pro, need new tires. I THINK I've decided on nitto terra grappler, but not for sure. My biggest question is size. I'm worried if I go too big, my truck is going to feel like a dog, and get even WORSE mileage than I get now. mostly city driving with stock tires I get about 11 mpg. what do you guys think about goin to 325/70r17? too big?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  2. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Those tires will be 36-37" tall. Way too big IMO.... a 285 series tire would be max in my opion. It all depends on how slopy your king pin is on your blade. By adding height to the truck the angle of the lower A frame will be increased and will cause issues at full angles. TM the single digit mileage....

3. huskerfan523

huskerfan523 Member

The nitto website says it would be 35.0 inches tall and 13.somthing wide, do u think those numbers are flawed? My plows frame sits perfectly level right now, but good call on the angle issues. I would like to go as big as practical/possible, anyone using a similar setup with maybe 305s? Thanks for the input.