1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Tires! + Clean = Pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 91AK250, Sep 20, 2008.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

allrighty guy's, with snow coming and my old crappy tires causing me issues well plowing. so this year i set out to find some better snow tires. i searched craigslist the other day and found some BF goodrich's that were 1 season old used on a truck that commuted. they were in great shape just needed to be re-studded...so i picked them up for $100 and spent $200 on having them Double studded...i'm SO excited to try them out come this winter. i think these tires combined with about 1,000lbs ballest it should make a HUGE differance in traction...wouldnt ya say?:)

then i washed and detailed the new inerior up, and snapped some pics with the new hellas and stickers and such...i'm so proud of where this truck is today, everyone at the tire store was gawking at it:cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 91AK250

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Is it a little early even in Alaska to be riding with the studded tires on?

4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Time for a night time burnout video with those tires lol. They should bite nice in the snow

5. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

nice truck! I miss my old Ford's I had like that (87 & 89).

6. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

The tires look great, i cant believe the leaves have change that much up there already!:drinkup:

7. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

it will make a HUGE difference.

8. gkm

gkm Senior Member

very nice ....clean, paint job really looks good

9. 91AK250

haha, naw they are legal from sept 15th - may 15th we have had snow in september before;) and the pickup doesnt get drove everyday so i'm not worried about wearing them down before it snows.

thanks guys, im getting excited for this upcoming plowing season! last year was such a rush with the truck being in the paint shop for 2 months and hoping to have it ready by the time the snow flew. this year i'm so ready for it!

10. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

The truck is looking really sweet. Let it snow :nod:

11. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

love the look of a clean truck. very nice

12. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck!

13. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice pics, you really do keep that truck clean!

14. 91AK250

i try to keep it clean, lol it does get slightly dirty tho lol...since it spent most its life dirty i figure its my way to give back and keep the new paint clean.. :)

15. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I gotta say, thats a real nice clean truck.

16. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

wow thats outstanding for a 1991 you do great work!

love the fx4 paint job..

17. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Nice but how can u stand those ugly rims??

18. 91AK250

they are hubcaps, and they look a hellva lot better then black steel wheels IMO i acutly like the styling of them. im thinking this coming summer i may spring for some wheels..we'll see how money is then.

what it would look like without the hubcaps...IMO ****** as hell
    [​IMG]

19. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Your Hub Caps look great, it's all about personal choice. Having custom rims as I do is kinda of a pain in the butt, every season I have to take them off and put the winter/stock ones on, and then for summer, polish them first and re-install.

You can find a nice set of factory rims from a later model truck and run those all year and you'll have the best of both worlds IMO.

Your truck looks great, you can tell you put a lot of work into it !

20. SS2500HD

SS2500HD Junior Member

looks great man.imo, just lose the flamer steering wheel cover :)