1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New tires and wheels

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MarkEagleUSA, Jul 29, 2011.

1. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

Just installed my new DuraTrac 285/75R16's mounted on Ultra Wheels Black Baja Champ wheels. Can't wait for the snow to fly!

(sorry for the fuzzy cell phone pics)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

There looking good!!

3. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

Looks good, you will like them. I have off brand DuraTracs and thought they were great last winter.

4. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

Wow does your truck look good with those tires!

5. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Nice looking set up, the tires and rims are sharp and help tie the hole truck together. I also like white trucks

6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm not usually a fan of the new HD towing mirrors on the obs trucks but with those wheels and tires yours pulls the look off nicely!

7. 2004chevy2500hd

2004chevy2500hd Senior Member

Those are some meaty tires!! Very nice!

8. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

really nice looking i think the mirrors make the truck look very good

9. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Second that!

10. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice wheels and tires. I also like the towing mirrors.

11. MarkEagleUSA

Thanks for the comments!

I couldn't update the pictures in the original post so here's some new one's taken with a better camera and after cleaning the blue off the tires.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. MarkEagleUSA

And here's a few more...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

You should have just left the other pictures that weren't as clear. The new pictures are to clear. That truck has the perfect look and I'm jealous.

14. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

You will love those tires pushing snow. I have the same ones on my Cummins. They get traction like nothing I have ever used in the snow. Even being a real aggressive tread, they still do great on ice and hardpack. They are not too noisy, either.

kevlars

15. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

Is this your first set? How do they do during summer, noisy, rough ride... Im debating what tires im going to get for mine I was looking at the michelins, but i like the look of yours

thanks

16. MarkEagleUSA

Yes these are my first DuraTrac's. I put about 40 miles on today and can't believe how quiet they are. Almost no noise at all, even cornering, which is very surprising for such an aggressive tread. Went about 5 miles on the highway at around 55 and they didn't even hum.

17. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Echo what Kevlars siad.....they are great on snow. I've used them for two winters now for plowing, and also put them on another truck that I don't really use much for plowing. They've only spun on me once, and that was when I was trying to clear off about two inches of heavy ice/slush after a Nor'easter going uphill with my V in scoop mode after already making it up about 200 feet. Can't blame the tire for that one though.

I ended up with them because Cooper didn't make the Discoverer M&S in 18" (at the time, at least), and I came across the Duratracs. I'm glad that I did, and won't go back to anything else.

18. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

Sounds like a good tire, def will be looking into those

19. 06qcsbny

06qcsbny Junior Member

has anyone run both the cooper ms and the goodyear duratracs.if so which one do u like better.i currently have the cooper ms but they are getting low and i will probably need new plow tires before or shortly after the season starts.they have been great but just wondering if there is an even better tire out there or should i just stick w the coopers that i know work great.they are going on an 06 3500ram qcsb cummins w 8.6 fisher xv.first year plowin w this truck hope it plows as good as my 2500 rg cab hemi or better.thanks in advance for any input

20. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Nice looking truck!! A silverado front end conversion would look awesome!!