1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New tires and new to me rims !

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Geary44, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

i just got some used 17" rims off a 2003 dodge ram 1500 and a set of 285/70/17 Grizzly Grip tires.

Camera Pics 109.jpg

Camera Pics 110.jpg

Camera Pics 111.jpg

2. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

heres a side view

Camera Pics.jpg

3. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

4. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Are those new tires or used? How much did you pay and where? I like them

5. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

the tires are new hey cost me $ 820.00 and there are really hard to find i got them from a local tire shop and had to wait on them. bu so far i love the tires

6. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, those new rims do so much for the truck lol

7. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Wow you got hosed on those tires. They are hankook MT knockoffs. Set of 4 hankooks cost me about $720 and he priced me the grizzly. They were $630. Thats mounted balanced and what not.

They do look good on there. Makes the truck look more like a 2500 with those rims than a 1500.

8. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

well thanks for the compliments on my truck i agree it does look more like a 2500 than a 1500 with those rims. and i thought the tires were kinda pricy oh well im happy with them

9. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

whoa !! I'm sorry i meant $ 720 not $820 . my mistake but its still higher than what you got quoted "maelawncare"

10. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Looks good...have a great winter

11. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Ok thats a little better. $720s not a bad price. Through in variances for different markets and that could make up for the $90 difference.

Good looking truck. Hope they work out good for yea. One thing i did notice about the grizzlys istead of teh hankook, they have a little bit of sipes. Which the hankooks dont.