1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Tibren question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

We have an 06 F250SD with 5200lb front coil springs and a new 8.5 Fisher SS V Blade and the truck holds the plow well, it only drops about an inch or two topps. But I wanted to put Timbren's on the front to try and "help out" the front suspension,(ball joints etc.) will Timbren's do this or just keep it from dropping. Next question is for F250SD owner's who have timbren's on their truck, does the front end still drop or not at all. I hate to spend 200.00 on something that won't really do much for my cause.
  2. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

If I'm not mistaken, if your truck only drops one inch then your within specs. The timbrens will not help with wear and tear on front end parts but they do help when turning and the ride of your truck when the plow is on. In my opinion (and this is just my opinion) they are a good investment
  3. bbrsq

bbrsq Member

I just got my new 06 F250SD with the diesel and the FX4 package. It came with Timbrens. I am running a 8-6 Western MVP and did not have noticable drop in the front end. This is the first truck that I have had that has them. My thought is they are going to be worthwhile.
  4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

The Timbrens will only help with the springs- not the ball joints or tie rods, etc. Think of it this way- they install in parallel with your springs so anything between your springs and the road (axle, wheel bearings, ball joints...) are not effected at all.
  5. BDB

BDB Senior Member

They are basically a over sized bump stop. It has some cushion and load carrying capabilities. The main reason for them is to not compress the suspension all the way...wears out the "spring" in the springs. Stacking snow and hitting bumps carrying the plow down the road is hard on the springs.