1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New things for fall 2006

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Italiano67, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

I just talked to my Boss dealer about buying two 8' 2" v plows and he let me know that if I wait until early fall the new ones are going to have some changes. They will have a new cutting edge that better fixes the middle puck problem and also will include curb gaurds as a standard item. Also the optional keypad controller will be a standard item with a new plow. Of course the price seems to be about 6-700 more than my 2004 plow cost me.:dizzy: Just thought yuo guys might like to know these things.
  2. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

I'd buy em now. The new cutting edges are 300, and how do you plow, smoke, drink pop, and write down billing info with that handheld controller??????
  3. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

I agree buy new cutting edge is cheaper. I run a joy sick works well and have a hand control in glove box as a back up. 2 years from now they will have voice activited controls , who cares .
  4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

With your other hand......

Don't you plow using your knees????

You end up looking like ------->>>> prsport
  5. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

i cant stand my hand held iam buying a joystick this summer
  6. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

see if anyone would trade controllers with you. most people like the hand held controller more.
  7. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

iam up for that its brand new used 3 times .but i want the same back brand new joy stick
  8. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

so the joysticks are mounted and handhelds kinda, "sit on the seat when not in use" deal? i guess ive seen joystick handhelds then, just curious :)
  9. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

My joystick was a toggle switch mounted on the dash. The handheld was on the dash when not being used.
  10. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I like the joy-stick more than the hand held touch-pad controller.
    I have it mounted on my right side arm-rest.

I thought the new curb guards came out last year?
    They will not fit the older RTII with out cutting them.

11. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

i just stuck a pice of velcro on it and the bottom of the dash so its not hanging works good:waving: