1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New tgs 800

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Jim@esitrucks, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

We got a couple of the new tgs 800 spreaders. Seems to be built VERY well. Uses a paddle system to feed the material. Retail with mount and variable speed control,2475.00
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

How does it mount?

4. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Reciever hitch mount :)

5. WIPensFan

Sorry to be a pain Jim, but can you post a picture of the paddles inside? Also have you sold any? If so how are they working for people? Very interested in all Boss's stuff.

6. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

The last picture is of the paddles, hard to get a good picture. Just got em in so havent sold any yet...heck Boss doesnt have em on they're website yet.

7. WIPensFan

Thanks. That's why it's interesting. :D

8. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I have been trying to get on the Boss webiste. But it isnt loading up. :realmad:
    Jim, is this unit like the Pro Flo 2 that will spread wet sand? How much material will it hold? And is this model available with the SmartHitch mounting system?

9. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Yes, it will spread pretty much anything and the RT3 is available for it. You wont see this spreader on the Boss site yet however

10. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

I love shiny toys you could send me one Ill review it for ya.... ohh and you have to love the caution labels

11. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Do you have any other info on it? Like, how much does it holds, more info on the paddle system? That stinks, what are they waiting for?

12. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Looks Good!

But a Hitch mount Bulk Spreader is a Big NO NO! those need to be Bolted down and have a GOOD mounting point!

13. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

It will hold 8 cubic feet of material. The paddle design also works as the vibrator. As it turns it grabs these two lips causing the vibration.

14. White Knight

White Knight Member

Sand (depending on the moisture content) averages roughly 100lbs cu/ft. How much weight can a class 4 receiver hitch carry (suspended)?

15. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

dependeing on the hitch a class IV can hold 1000 - 1200 lbs suspended.

16. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

We sold both of these units the other day, should have some feedback good or bad pretty soon.

17. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

We've run the 800lb capacity "16 bag" units on the 03/06 F150s filled and are fine.

Its about 1000lbs at full capacity then.

18. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

Thats good. Keep us posted I am very interested in knowing how they perform. From what I understand Boss only put 50 of them out to see what type of feedback they get on them.