1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New syle cutting edge.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by HEStufrthnnails, Nov 21, 2009.

1. HEStufrthnnails

HEStufrthnnails Senior Member

I have a three year old Boss V. I have to replace the cutting edges and would like to get away from the center shoe of the older style and re-fit the plow with the new cutting edges that bend to cover the middle gap. Does anyone have any exper. with doing this and if so what did you have to do? Thanks
    Brad

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Take the bolts off and put it on with new bolts. Enjoy the cost of them!

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Gandview you took the words outta my mouth.

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

it's only money.

5. grandview

And after you buy a set it will be Boss's money.!

6. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

touche'.....

7. HEStufrthnnails

Yep, I know there 180 a side, but I was told there were some mods to be done?

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

How would you know you got your dealer to install yours.:D

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

If you have a poly blade you will have to cut a very small peice of the poly off, no big deal. We put a new edge on our 98 9'2 and it went on perfect. You won't ever go back to the old style once you try them.

10. grandview

I took notes.

11. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

If you have a steel vee you won't have any issues. If you have a older poly you will have to cut a small piece of the poly off. I layed a framing square aross the wing so I could get a straight line cut. Then I ran a zip screw in the cornor of the poly so it wouldn't get wrecked while I was pushing snow.

12. HEStufrthnnails

Hey Thanks, I sure appreciate your reply. Thats what someone had said about the steel. That and the bolt holes were larger on the new edges so I'd have to drill the board out and cut the inside corners of the board off to fit the new edges but I didn't want to just start cuttin.Lol. Thanks again.Brad

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it's only three years old it should already be 5/8" on the bolt holes. Should be no need to drill.

14. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

That's a great price.I've been hearing 250 a side for 9-2 Vee.