1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Superduty Power Figures

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by RBEnterprises, Feb 25, 2010.

1. RBEnterprises

RBEnterprises Junior Member

2. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Finally!! No more 5.4L. My next truck might be a Superduty after all.

3. Tbrothers

Tbrothers Senior Member

We'll have to see how this all plays out.My 5.4 Ran like no other with no problems 170,000 miles when I sold it and it still had the original starter and alternator,all I did was oil changes and spark plugs at 80,000.I just hope my 08 V10 runs as long.I'll wait a couple years to let them work out all the bugs first before I jump into a new Truck.

4. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i wonder how thursty this new 6.7 is going to be. :rolleyes:

5. JB1

JB1 Senior Member

supposed to be better,(couldn't be worse) I have been hearing good things about it.

6. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

??? Why is the HP and torque less on the 450 and up?

6.7-liter Power Stroke V-8 turbodiesel is rated at 390 hp (at 2,800 rpm) and an earth-shaking 735 pounds-feet (at 1,600 rpm) in the F-250, F-350 and F-450 pickups. The F-450 and up chassis cabs are rated at 300 hp and 660 pounds-feet.

7. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Been talk with one of my friend who work for Roush.

6.7L in F250 ext cab with long bed. It get 17 mpg

6.2L He say 9 mpg in F550 with heavy flatbed but underpower.

He say he would choice 6.7L it very powerful one he have drive in his career.

8. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

2 words extended warrenty:laughing:

9. Tbrothers

Tbrothers Senior Member

It how the engine is tested.

The Environmental Protection Agency requires different emissions testing procedures depending on the gross vehicle weight rating, which leads to different power ratings. So-called "heavy-duty light trucks" below 14,000 pounds GVWR are tested using a chassis dynamometer; medium-duty vehicles whose GVWR is 14,000 pounds or greater are tested using an engine dyno.

10. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

I said MIGHT :laughing: