1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Super Duty Order?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by chcav1218, Aug 5, 2008.

1. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

My dream truck is a new F250 Super Duty and I was wondering if it is possible to custom order one from the factory if i go to the dealer. Is this possible?

2. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

its possible but will take a lot of time and money. cheaper to just buy one off the lot.

3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

i orderd one but i was a year ago and i got it in manual so they had none on the lot...mine took 2 weeks but i did pay a penny for it ....:cry:.. but i love the truck so :D

4. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

I'm in the same boat as iceyman. I'm looking for the diesel with the manual, probably the six speed. I'll be fine with the base model so I don't mind the extra cash.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I thought Ford was delaying any production for 2 months so it is possible you may not get the truck till Oct. Nov.

6. Honest Mike

Honest Mike Member

For what its worth, back in late 2005, I placed an order for my 2006 F350. I was at the dealer for roughly an hour talking and doing the order, and it took exactly 5 weeks to the day to come in. They originally told me it would take 6-8 weeks, but it was a week sooner and I was happy. :nod:

7. winged1dur

winged1dur Senior Member

Yes it is possible. You may not get as good of a deal as off the lot but you will only be paying for the options you want so it may end up cheaper in the long run. Try Stoneham Ford but if you want a manual tranny you better hurry cause I think 2008 will be the last year.

8. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

i doubt that. what source did you gather that from?

9. winged1dur

winged1dur Senior Member

Doubt What? I assume you mean manual trannys. Ford has eliminated them for the new F150 and will soon do so for the Superdutys. Less than 1% of 2008's were manuals. It is too costly to keep as an option.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  10. Smitty58

Smitty58 Senior Member

When I bought mine I had a specific truck in mind. I went to my dealer and gave him the specs. He did a nationwide search and found one very similar 300 miles away. I had it the next day. I asked for a F-350 ,regular cab, V-10, six speed, 4x4. They are pretty rare I guess ,but they did find a couple. It had a couple of things like FX4 package and upgrade wheels which I would not had "ordered" but I got everything else I wanted. You may try that approach.

11. Honest Mike

Honest Mike Member

That does sound rare...I wonder how rare mine is...2006 4x4 F350 XLT V10 regular cab with the "430" gear ratio...:confused: :waving:

12. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

yeh. i guess the manual transmission isnt a must have, but i just prefer it.

13. krazeehorse

krazeehorse Member

You have plowed with both manual and auto trans and prefer the manual???????

14. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Well I wasn't planning on using it as a plow truck, I'm going to keep the plow on my chevy for now, atleast until it dies. I can only imagine that plowing with a manual would SUCK. I would think it would be murder on the clutch, right?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008