1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new super duty lights/ cover

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 1 bad bolt, Feb 16, 2015.

1. 1 bad bolt

1 bad bolt Member

i just got a new super duty 8ft blade and want to know does anyone else have a problem with the stock lights being horrible ? i cant see for crap even with the high beams on " no blade isnt blocking them" has anyone done anything different to help brighten them up ? early morning/night driving i turn my plow lights off and use the hids on my truck side so i can see there that bad

also i seen a guy with a pretty nice fisher cover that goes over his headlights and wiring for when the blade is not in use . i think thats a pretty good idea for the less unfortunate not having garage storage. does anyone know of any that will work on the boss blades? i have always used a tarp in the past but the fisher set up is pretty nice drop it on and your good

2. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

Both of our boss plows were the same way wen we bought them. There are four bolts that attatch the bar holding the lights to the tower and there are holes in the metal to adjust the lights. They get a lot better once you adjust them.

3. RSE

RSE Member

I understand the situation. My DXT plow lights were horrible until I went to the You tube vid on adjusting them properly. You won't be disappointed.
    As for the cover, just use a tarp and bungie cord, I prefer black.

4. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Gas grill cover works great.