1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Suburbanite...leaking fitting question?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Clint, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Clint

Clint Member

I have been noticing a little greenish snow/ice around the scrape lock hose fitting
    under the reservoir. All the other fittings are not showing this.
    Being that this is my 1st plow, and this is all new to me, should I try tightening this fitting to see if this small leakage stops? I checked the fluid level, and doesn't seem to be down.
    Not being familiar with these hose fittings I am a little leary about cranking them tighter....so any hints, information you can pass along would be greatly appreciated.

99 Wrangler
    7.4 Western Suburbanite
    New Hampshire USA:waving:
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Take it to the dealer. Isn't it still under warranty
  3. Clint

Clint Member

Well after reading some older threads on this board about leaky fittings, and
    realizing that the resivoir fill is just above this fitting, I'm going to just watch this
    for a little longer. Possibly the fluid I'm seeing is just being blown from the filler cap, and then
    dripping down the outside of the resevoir, and then around this fitting.

99TJ, Western Suburbanite 7.4:D
  4. PA-plow-at-home

PA-plow-at-home Member

How did that situation work out?
    Did you have to get it fixed by the dealer?
  5. CJPlow

CJPlow Member

Does your scrape lock work on your plow? Mine is not nor is a few other peoples. Im just trying to find out if its me or the poor quality of westerns design
  6. Clint

Clint Member

Yes my scrape lock worked last season, but haven't had the plow on the Jeep since
    March. Probably will mount and test in a couple more weeks.
    Still have the leak at the hose fitting under the resevoir. It wasn't too bad, but I think it has gotten worse with the warm weather. I'm going to try and contact the dealer to see what he thinks. Also check on that new valve that will be available for the Suburbanite racheting problem
  7. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

your first mistake was buying a suburbanite, i would make dealer fix, if it is still under warr. why mess around with it? thats why there are warranties, a brand new plow should not be leaking anything,