1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new sub-contractor help

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by mdappraisal, Nov 27, 2008.

1. mdappraisal

mdappraisal Junior Member

A local landscaping company has 4 lots 15 mins from my house with 2 inch trigger at 85$ an hour and he provides the salt. I'm willing to do it and am shopping for commerical insurance for my truck. !!!!!! However, in this contract he has an indemnity clause which i think is putting all liabiliy on me which would require GL. It appears that if someone were to sue the owner of the building and the plow company that the burden would fall on me.

Now 85$ doesn't seem to good. Is this kind of statement typical in sub-contracts? If not email me some samples so i can make a case with this guy. service@md-appraisal.com

sub help

What is a GL ? Maybe you should have an attorney look at it to see if your right about all responsibility falling back on you! Better safe than sorry!
  3. mdappraisal

general liability

Thanks, just never heard it put that way before! Keith
  5. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

If hes the one making the call for you to go out, hes the one assuming the liability. Thats the way youre gonna want to play this one out. Its not your contract, so you shouldnt be held even remotely liable for any claims that may arise. Dont indemnify him of anything...you may regret it.
  6. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I agree with that. It is his account. He is making money off of you.
  7. mdappraisal

i agree. he must remove it from the contract before i sign it.
  8. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

I would'nt sign that also, all I make my Subs have is commercial liabilty on there equipment and in my contract I state that if you do any property damage to notify me ASAP and let me know what you did if it's nothing major I fix it on my own, now if you nock over a light pole or not let me know at all then I may have to talk with you and take some pay out of it, I do'nt care if they do F%*$ a piece of property but my big thing is let me know ASAP so I can head off any blide sides by the owners!!!
    I also tell them in the pre season meeting right off the bat about it to
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2008