1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new Sub-contracting biz

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ConnerM, Aug 28, 2011.

1. ConnerM

ConnerM Member

First i would like to just say i only have half a season snow plowing and i will be getting trained in b4 it snows this winter again. But im thinking of subcontracting and now im looking at snow plows but they all have to be ready to go cause idk how to attach the plow myself and i see some older plows on craigslist for like $2000 and people say they are already to go.Example #1 i found a 77 f250 with new tranny and 460 rebuilt engine and the truck is rusty but runs fine but has been plow truck for 10yrs for $1900. Example #2 93 f-250 with 120k miles also probably 10yrs of plowing on it but still works selling for $3700. Im just wondering would it be better for me to get 2 cheap 2k a piece snow plows or 1 4k snow plow and would anyone take me seriously if i was trying to get a contract with 1 or 2 old plows like the 77 f250? These old plows would only be temperary until i get enough for a newer truckbut would still expect to get through the season in MN spending only 5k on a truck and for fixes that my mechanically inclined buddy would do cheap for me.

CS-LAWNERVICE Junior Member

friend of mine plows with a 78 ford 250 and has 3 HOA's

guess its about selling yourself and your equipment
  3. muffy189

muffy189 Senior Member

my plows are older than i am and im 40, but then again nothing beats a western pump