1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New style mvp plus edge on mvp with rubber flap

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by fortydegnorth, Feb 11, 2015.

1. fortydegnorth

fortydegnorth Senior Member

I've been searching like crazy and I remember a couple weeks ago reading about wether the new style mvp plus edges would replace the older style 4 piece system with the rubber flap in the center. I can't find the threads I was reading. I know someone in Pennsylvania was making a bent center edge that would work but I can't even find him. I have tools and the ability to make an edge work but before I drop the money and time I'd like to see what has been tried and what has failed. I need new edges now and would like to upgrade to dump the center rubber crap. Seems like the angle on the edges had to be slightly different to match up when in the V position. Any input? My blade is the 9.5 ultra mount from 2006, which is right before they went to the plus system I think.

2. Blaine4450

Blaine4450 Member

The thread that you are looking for is titled mvp+ wear bars on older mvp blades?. I wrote about why the new style will not work on the older blades. Also you will be able to find the info for the company that is making the one piece edges for the mvps. Hope this helps!

3. Doughboy12

Doughboy12 PlowSite Fanatic

Here is the thread referenced above...thanks Blaine

4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yea, that was my thread. I was trying to get input from someone who had actually taken the 4 pc style and modified them to make them work on the old style blade, but I never got anybody who had. just the guy that was making them from scratch.

5. fortydegnorth

fortydegnorth Senior Member

Thanks guys. I ended up ordering the standard edges for the older style. I'll likely upgrade this plow in a year or two anyway so I guess I'll stick with what works.

6. erebus

erebus Junior Member
    from ny

I bought those edges from Hercules trucks and they have been great this winter. I got them for my fisher 9.5 mm2 evz-v . All that's was need was a bit of trimming on the inner sides fo the trip edge. Gonna order a new set soon incase he stops making them to have as a sspare.