1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New style lights on unimount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by crazyhickboy03, Aug 25, 2013.

1. crazyhickboy03

crazyhickboy03 Junior Member

Hey guys, I am about to redo my plow for this coming season, and was looking at putting a set of Buyers Products lights on. From the research I've done I got to extend my light brackets for the 2 stud mounting but what about the harness? Is it possible just to splice into the harness on the plow? I am pretty handy with wiring, just wanted to make sure it would still all work. Below is the style of light I am after.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yea it would work. Could probably do all the wiring inside the lights instead of cutting and splicing the harness and having the ugly lump of black tape outside. With the possibility of getting corroded
  3. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

Should work but get the night hawks pretty much the same $$
  4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

you can take 28800-1 western nighthhawk lights, re-use your harness out of your unimount lights, and use a 29033 adapter kit to hook the old harness inside the new lights.