1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New style installation pic?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by calhoun, Jul 11, 2005.

1. calhoun

calhoun Senior Member

Just got back from the local snoway dealer. He had a new style (2 mounting point) plow partially set up. I am looking for a plow for my 04 GMC 2500HD.
    I didn't get the snoway last year cause I don't want to cut up the front of the truck to fit that middle brace on. Dealer was uncertain about the new 2 point mount. Will any cutting be required for this plow? Any pics of the mounting I am also concerened about losing ground clearance?
  2. gstar

gstar Junior Member

New 2 Pt. Mount

Hey Calhoun, I Had The New Setup Installed On A 02 Ram1500. W/the Ram They Had To Still Cut Into My Airdam And Also I Lost Ground Clearance. The Mech. That Installed It Recommended I Get The Torsion Bars Tightened, And Then If Needed Air Bag It. Hope The Info Helps.
  3. perfectstripes

perfectstripes Junior Member

I have an '05 Chevy and I didnt have to cut the airdam at all for the brace your talking about. The airdam bowed enough around it. On another thread I saw a pic of the new 2 point set up on an Avalanche and the airdam had to be hacked for it to fit.
  4. CTerrySGD

CTerrySGD Member

i got two snoways last year and am wondering what you mean by a new two point mount? Pics would be great if anyone has them!
  5. Farmer_01

Farmer_01 Member

I just got a new Snoway 29 for my Ram 2500hd with the new style mounts and the dealer did'nt even have to trim the air dam.

sorry no pics yet:cry:
  6. rjm022

rjm022 Member

farmer- i have the same truck as you-but i have the diesel. i am not too far from you either-wilson,ny. i was wondering if you could tell me how many holes had to be drilled for your snoway "mount' and where did you purchase it from and are you happy with them. thanks. rob
  7. Farmer_01

Farmer_01 Member

Hello rjm,
    I'm not sure if they drilled any holes, I havn't had time to fully check it out yet.
    I did use it this past weekend to get a feel for it. I must admit the wireless control is not everything I expected. Found a dead spot or two sitting behind the wheel. I got mine from southside trailers in Tonawanda. so far no complaints about the installer. I talked to the installer b4 he touched my truck and asked him if he needed to cut the air dam. He was pretty sure he wouldn't touch it and he was on the money. Now about the remote....:cry:
  8. rjm022

rjm022 Member

thanks for the reply. geez- i thought the wireless remote would be the cats a_s!! if you get a chance (when it warms up!) let me know how many holes had to be drilled in your frame. thanks.
  9. Farmer_01

Farmer_01 Member

The wireless remote is nice.....if i didn't have to keep moving it around, I am pondering asking for my money back and getting the hardwired controller. I am wondering how much I really want to sound off at the installer. I guess there's only a handful of dealers around. I wish they were a little closer that's all.
  10. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

Does anyone actually have a picture or pictures that would demonstrate the difference between the old and then new mounting system?

I am very curious to see the difference and i was unable to find anything on the Sno-Way site itself.

let's get some action in this forum!!!

11. swim

swim Junior Member

GMC Snow Way

I Just put a 9' x 32" on my 05 GMC 2500hd and was told by the dealer it wouldn't take much cutting. Wrong, after they mounted the plow they told me they had to butcher the front of the lower plastic cowling to give me the clearance for mounting the plow. I called Snowway thinking that this couldn't be right and they told me that major modifications were needed and that any plastic was fair game. (Steve in the customer service dept at Snow Way was the one that told me this.) I couldn't believe his casual attitude about cutting up a new truck but he offered no satisfaction at all.

Good luck but I would look at another product.

12. mike_09

mike_09 Member
    from Ohio

Every type of plow you put on a GMC you will have to cut everything. that whay you buy a ford not a truck that has no ground clearance.its not sno-ways faught that you went and bought a truck with that low of a bummer on it.you sould of just took the front bummer off if and kep't it off till next spring.

13. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Sno-way Mounting System

The old Sno-Way mounting system was a three pin hook-up, very similar to a three-point hitch on the rear of a tractor. It took about 1-2 minutes to connect the plow to the truck.

The new Sno-Way two-pin mounting system is much simpler, I can install plow on my truck in 20-30 seconds.

There is video on our website (www.snoway.com) showing first version of two-pin mounting system. Once on our website, click the link for "plows" on the upper left-hand side of website. Then click on "29" located on right side of page. This takes you to our 29 Series Plow. On that link you will see a link for "plow mounting video", click on it and it will play the installation video.

Unfortunately, the video on our website is the first version of our two-pin mounting system. In the video, you will see an installer manually installing two pins, one on each side of the plow. These "manual-pins" have since been replaced with spring loaded pins, simply push the cam lever down to engage the pins.

Hope this helps, please advise if you have additional questions.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2005
  14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You do not have to cut the fascia on 2500HD. Use the proper mount (96100613) hold to the lowest settings allowed and crank the torsion bars up.
    The new style mount is the shizzel as snoopy dog would say, no pins to lose and better looking on the vehicle.
  15. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

This is my new 26-7'6" Look at the top left corner, you'll see the lever to unhook plow.
    Close up