1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Style Edges on V-Blade

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by agrizman, Nov 25, 2009.

1. agrizman

agrizman Junior Member
    from Mich

This is probably a question that will bring a few laughs so here goes. I just replaced my old edges with the new style. 1st, I was hoping that the gap would be gone in the middle. Better than it was but, still there is the GAP when the blade is in the V & straight position. No gap in the scoop position. Is this right? Next, do I need to keep the shoes on? The dealer I had do the change told me that I didn't need them any longer. Is this correct or is he prepping me for another set of blades before there time. On another note, has anyone ever added a extra set of off-road lights to the top of their plows, as in off road style lights? Would this be possible with the plow light wiring harness. Thanks, Griz

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

How much gap? Can't have them too close together.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

If you have spare conductors, you could use them. I'm not familiar to know if there are spares or not. You do not want to put additional lighting load on a conductor that is already powering lights.

4. Duramax101

Duramax101 Junior Member

Mine had just enough play in each half to bring them together with a very minimal gap. 1/4" or less.

5. agrizman

agrizman Junior Member
    from Mich

Thanks for the replys. I plowed yesterday and it worked great with very little debris in the staight position and none in the scoop. I am happy now, Griz