1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New style cutting edges on an older Poly V

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by troy28282, Oct 18, 2007.

1. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

Has any one replaced edges with the new style edges on an older Poly V? I was talking to a dealer and he said that some modification may have to be done to the moldboard. The plow is a couple years old, the first year of the new headlights.

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I put them on a 1998 steel 9'2 V and they just bolted on.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it's an RT2 or 3 the newer edges will fit. Sometime's you do need to trim just a slight bit off the lower part of the wings in the center to get them to lay flat against the wings due to the new edges having the formed center that replaces the snow catcher..not a big deal though..

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I put a set of the new formed edges on a RTII.
    You will need to do a little grinding or trimming with a torch to get them to fit around the center hinge.

5. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Bring that thing over here and I'll tweek it enough that getting the new edges on will be the least of your worrys:yow!:

I sold both my plows the other nite, so we are ordering two new ones from someone, probably that link you sent me earlier. Looking at either a bed spreader or this dump truck, to many unanswered questions to cut a check just yet........

Saugatuck friday nite, we're getting married in Vegas in two weeks and I need drinking practice.

6. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

I thought that they would work on that blade. Alittle modification doesnt bother me as long as I can get those edges on. Sick of spending money on center shoes and thats one last thing that I have to worry about if my driver calls.

framer1901 PM sent

7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

troy you gotta trim that little piece of the molde board off. It is only that little red section right above where the center shoe goes. If you want to look at my plow for aref. just lemme know and I'll cruse over with it.

Ryan

9. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

Thanks for the offer Ryan, I may take you up on it later. I have so many coals in the fire right now like the leaf loader that I am trying to finished up.