1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New style cutting edges for Boss 8.2 V

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by LwnmwrMan22, Dec 2, 2005.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I got the new style cutting edges put on the plow today.

Anyone here interested in pics of the V, straight and scoop positions?

If so, I'll snap some on Saturday and try to get them posted.

If not, I ain't going to take up my time. :nono:

In case some of you don't know, it's the new style that gets rid of the rubber "hoof".

Also, some have stated that it requires modification of your moldboard. However, it does ONLY if you're plow is real old.

These cutting edges just bolted on in place of the stock.
  2. drafto

drafto Member

lets see some pics please!

3. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

i second the pics.
    and how have the cutting edges worked so far??
  4. amar

amar Member

So I guess im in third.
    how about it.
  5. mikeww

mikeww Junior Member

Thinking of new edges on Boss

I'm thinking of purchasing a new 9-2 Boss V with the new edges from the start. Please let us know how they work.
  6. esshakim

esshakim Senior Member

i would also like to see the pics. once my dealers gets the new cutting edge in i think ill be getting one
  7. SnowBoss

SnowBoss Junior Member

I just ordered a set! along with the deflector (a must!). I think they will be a big plus. We'll see! Will post pics as soon as there installed, if none have been added yet. :cool:
  8. LwnmwrMan22

Sorry 'bout not getting the pictures yet....

Just had 7ish" of snow here over the last 2 days, it's been the first real test of the new cutting edges.

They work good, IMO I think it's better having the solid blade all the way across without having to worry about tearing the rubber "hoof" or whatever it's called, off.

I would highly suggest that if you're getting a new plow, that without a doubt go with them from the start.

If you're going to put them on a plow you already have, it's a toss up on whether or not you just want to wait until you need new cutting edges or not.

For me, I'd rather put them on now, rather than tear the "hoof" off at 1 am in the morning, and then limp around until the plow shop opens, or try to repair it when places need to be plowed.
  9. Hammer

Hammer Junior Member

The actual name is Snow Catcher.... lol
  10. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Well.....yes and no.

The old "Snow Catcher" was the term for the two triangular steel pieces you had to weld to the back of the blades.

"Hoof" best describes the newer rubber snow catcher type.

There are still LOTS of pre-hoof BOSS's out there plowing.
  11. steve paluh

steve paluh Junior Member

Paluh Plowing

I put a set of new blades on my plow I bought new last year and had to modify my mold board. What year is your plow
  12. LwnmwrMan22

New this last March.
  13. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Yes, if you had an older Boss you will have to enlarge the bolt holes on the plow to accommodate the new bolts for the new edge.
    The new edges with the curb guard and new center will not fit on The older RtII's and they did not have the center Hoof, snow catcher, that #@$:realmad: piece in the middle.. lol how about the pics of your new edge?

RTII V prehoof user here:waving: