1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New style cutting blade 9'2"

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by ezy11, Dec 23, 2008.

1. ezy11

ezy11 Junior Member
    from cst

Broke off center shoe and need to tap out broken bolt...also old cutting blades have seen better days. Anybody out there "not" recommend the new style cutting blades that eliminate the center shoe altogether, about $100.00 more per blade but I think its worth it to eliminate that shoe -- does it leave a small strip in middle?
    Thanks

2. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

It's a no brainer to me. The rubber shoe's are 70.00 a piece.

3. camconcrete

camconcrete Senior Member

the new cutting edge is light years ahead of the old style. I have the new style with the curb guards and I love it, you don't have to worry about your moldboard when you are up against the curb. Plus the new one is made to be ran on, you really don't need shoes, and it doesn't leave a streak like the old rubber shoe sometimes does. On the other hand they are almost $200 a side for a new edge, but they are six inches tall and I am sure they will last for a long time.

4. sealer700

sealer700 Junior Member

I just had my puck break off. i replaced the center pin as opposed to tapping and drilling. then I cut the new puck to match blade height. was $100. Couldnt justify $400 for new edges when mine were at least 80%. Good Luck

5. amar

amar Member

J Thomas for center shoes $45 Angelos for cutting edges $100 for the pair

6. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Absolutely go with the formed cutting edge. Put the puck in the trash, where it belongs.

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Its a no brainer. GET THE FORMED EDGES!

8. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I have the newer edges on my 9'2", put them on half way through last season, and love them. As far as lasting longer, I am not sure what I think, as they will need to be replaced very soon.

Bossman

9. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I have to agree with you Bossman. I had a new plow last season, and my egdes were shot at the end of the season. Dealer told me that it was because i was scraping bare pavement to much, and that there wasn't a base so to speak to the snow.??????????? We got about 12 feet total snow fall last year.

10. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

yea ive heard that they wear faster, and ive heard they last longer from a guy i plow with who uses a 10' V.. are you guys running shoes with them?