1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Style Chevy Trucks vs. New Style GMC Trucks

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mercer_me, Nov 25, 2009.

In your opinion wich truck looks better, the new style Chevys or the new style GMCs?

1. I think the new style Chevy trucks look better

10 vote(s)
  2. I think the new style GMC trucks look better

49 vote(s)
  3. I think they are equal in there looks

5 vote(s)
  1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

In your opinion wich truck looks better, the new style Chevy trucks or the new style GMC trucks? Both trucks are very good looking trucks IMO. But I personal think the new style GMC trucks look better than than the new style Chevy trucks. I don't like how the new style Chevy truck's bumper hangs down sow far. I also like the new style GMC truck's grill and head lights better. Another thing I like better on the new style GMC trucks better is that on the tail lights the back up light is on the bottom and not in the middle like the new style Chevy trucks. I'm not saying I don't like the new style Chevy trucks, I just think the new style GMC trucks look better. If anybody has any pictures of the new style Chevy truck and the new style GMC trucks side by side please poste them.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  2. x.system

x.system Senior Member

I've always liked the GMC's a little more than the Chevy's but I would own either.
  3. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

I think if you switched all the badging around I think about 65% of people would think it was that truck
  4. overtime

overtime Senior Member

on the GMC like the grille more I dont care for so much chome on the grille. that what i see around here anyways. I dont own one yet. soon maybe. haha
  5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

GMC, like the grille and lights so much better
  6. jscan

jscan Junior Member

the chevy trucks look more like an actual work truck, the gmc has a more refined look, ie; the front bumper of the chevy truck has the two front sides that are chrome only and the gmc has a continous flow across the front...a little cleaner looking in my opinion...now i am talking about the new boddy styles 07 and up.
  7. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

GMC for sure. The overall look of the front of the new Chevys is fugly at best

THE-BOSS-PLOWS Senior Member

Dont like them at all I love the classic edition Gmc
  9. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

I love the looks of my 08 Chevy HD. I am going to paint all the chrome up front to match the truck. The big chrome bumper caps are a bit much for me.
  10. Polarisrider

Polarisrider Member

If were talkin an HD truck like a 2500 or a 3500 then a chevy looks better. that hood is awesome looking. However if were talkin 1500's then GMC looks better in my opinion.
  11. mossman381

Where are all the chevy guys.
  12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I love my GMC but alot of people think it's a Ford.:realmad:

Blacberry Photo's Nov09 117.jpg
  13. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

damn JDDave that is one sweet lookin ride! I thought about trading in my 07 Chevy on a NBS GMC just because i loved the style- but i kept my LBZ cuz it doesn't have the emissions rules and DPF
  14. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

GMC Hands down!
  15. nhpatriot

nhpatriot Senior Member

Beautiful truck JDDave, I picked a white GMC too:

Mid December 020.jpg
  16. mossman381

Really nice truck JDDave. I never thought the new gmc looked like the new fords, but now that you mention it. I could see people that don't know trucks could mistake it for a ford. GMC has been taking the conservative road with the styling of their new trucks. Chevy has been trying to set the trend not follow others. I still think the chevy trucks look better than the gmc. I better even things up with some pics of my chevy.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009