1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New style blizzard 810 cutting edge?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by fci, Feb 15, 2011.

1. fci

fci Senior Member

I just had to buy a DD Blizzard cutting edge and the center edge has oval slots instead of square stamps, is this something new they are doing. I bought one not that long ago and it was square.

2. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

You may have one that fits the new 8100. I don't know if they interchange. Is it 7 boltholes??

3. fci

fci Senior Member

Yes it has 7 holes and is 89 inches long. The dealer did not know , they just order part from DD.

4. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

I'm sure it's just a manufacturing thing, probably cheaper to machine the oval than punch the square. Down side is 2 less edges to hold the carriage head bolt from spinning/stripping out the head.

5. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

I'm not 100% positive, but I belive the slotted hole cutting edge takes a 5/8 bolt, and your 810 takes a 1/2 inch. You can't stop the bolts from turning in the one with the slots because the bolt that goes through your moldboard is 1/2 ". The length and number of bolts are correct, so check the size of your slots.

6. fci

fci Senior Member

The dealer called me today after they talked to Blizzard and they said that this was one of the first blades they made with the "new style". Must be a cheaper way or it will fit other DD plows. I liked the good old days when a blizzard plow was a blizzard plow !