1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new style 2500HD sits too low

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by marylandbigb, Feb 25, 2010.

1. marylandbigb

marylandbigb Member

i have a new 2009 2500HD ext cab 8ft bed 4x4 with a 8'2" v plow the truck sits too low!!!! also have already installed the torsion key kit which really did not lift the truck !!!!! also put on 33 inch tires and they rub because it sits too low. anyone else have this problem?????? the old classic body style set up plenty high with the torsion key kit and 33's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyone know what else can be done too lift the front, the torsion bars are also cranked up and it has the snowplow prep package!! would the diesel torsion bars make it higher?? would they fit???

2. knpc

knpc Senior Member
    from MA

I just put timbrens on my 09 GMC 2500 ext cab and it made a big difference. The front barely drops with the plow on now. I also have 4-5 turns on the t-bars. I think it sits fairly high now.

What is the measurement from the ground to the top of your wheel well? With and without the plow on. I'll check mine to see what it measures.

3. marylandbigb

marylandbigb Member

i will measue tomorrow before i take the plow off also remember i went from the lt2457516 too the lt2857516 that will make a difference also thanks

4. knpc

knpc Senior Member
    from MA

I have 265/70/17. The top of my wheel wells are 40 1/2'' without the plow and 40'' with the plow raised. Your tires are an inch bigger so your measurement would be a 1/2'' higher than mine.

5. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

That thing should be doing a wheelie with keys and having the bars turned up. It either has GK or GL bars. XG's are the highest torque rating followed by GL and GK if I remember it's only 300 something ftlbs between the GL and GK.