1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New style 2014/2015 Silverado MD75 question

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by BD1, Nov 25, 2014.

1. BD1

BD1 Member

Do u have to install the 2" leveling kit? It says if u don't u need to notch the bumper, anyone install on yet????

2. JSutter101

JSutter101 Member

The front of the truck hangs low, so to get the mount set at the correct height you have two choices.

One is to notch the bumper and adjust the mount up so the cross pin is at 9.5".

The second option it to raise the ride height and lower the mount down so the cross pin is at 9.5".

If it was my truck I would get the leveling kit. I hate to see nice trucks with bumpers cut for plows. Plus extra clearance is a good thing.

3. Pit Crew

Pit Crew Senior Member

Are you guys talking about the actual bumper or the plastic lower valance? I installed a meyer lot pro on a 2015 chevy for a buddy,had to notch lower vallance .

4. BD1

BD1 Member

It says the bumper ( metal) has to be notched, looking but can't find any pics

5. Pit Crew

Pit Crew Senior Member

Maybe they mean the metal bracket that suppotrts the lower valance . We just took it off. The plow bracket supported the valance in the middle after it was notched.

6. BD1

BD1 Member

This is a pic of a sno-way
    [​IMG]

7. Have boss plows with Dodge Ram trucks and we had two notch out the bottom as well. It was no big deal on the Rams.

8. Pit Crew

Pit Crew Senior Member

Thats a different bumper than a 2015 LTZ no notching the bumper.

9. BD1

BD1 Member

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  10. BD1

BD1 Member

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014