1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new stuff for my chevy

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by plowinzr2, Jan 12, 2009.

1. plowinzr2

plowinzr2 Senior Member

since my last post i picke up a set of the newer alloy wheels, a dual rotator for 20 bucks, new tool box, ventvisors and bugshield and a diamond plate box with the dual antennas. let me know what u think.

005.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

2. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

Looks good what size tire ya runnin, I just put a set of 285's on the 92 chevy I just bought but they look a little big.

3. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

take off the antenas if you have res with low tree branches. I found out the hard way why

4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

looks good. ready to hit some snow..

5. plowinzr2

plowinzr2 Senior Member

im runnin 255's they came mounted on the rims for 100 bucks. they are worn out but my buddy is gettin me some bfg's so i cant wait for that. i think im goin to downsize the antennas to 3 fotters when i get some money

6. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

Good steal on the 20 dollar rotator! :salute:

7. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Your old Fisher speedcast looks to be in real good condition, they seem to last forever and handle the abuse very well unlike some of today's plows.

I have one on my 85 K10 with the wide style head gear like yours and I would every two years take it apart and paint it up like it came from the factory and last I added a new Fisher decal. Truck only saw residential work but most of them thought I alway's had new plows.LOL

8. plowinzr2

plowinzr2 Senior Member

yea i repainted the plow and frame when i got it i tried to make it look new. took me a while to get the color i wanted but it looks good for now in the spring ill repaint it. i was so lucky to find my rotator i had a nice whelen but its at my x's house and now shes says she cant find it so i was lucky to find this one

9. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Nice looking rig

10. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

looks good i likey

11. ameyerman

ameyerman Senior Member

Just put springs on them, and you won't have any problems with trees. Have em on my truck, and they just go right under with no problems. Nice truck too.payup

12. t-dawg1982

t-dawg1982 Member
    from canada

nice truck,i have a 92 gmc that i was trying to put a speedcast off of a ford onto my truck,anyway I could get some other pics off of you from the front to see what the pushplates look like and attached to the frame,also if I could get a pic under the hood so I will know where the pump and valve should go,you would be doing me a big favor,thank,if you can put it in the my email is trevor.mcmaster@eds.com thanks alot

13. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a good plow truck. Good score on the rotator too.

14. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

nice truck. if it runs and moves snow that's all that matters

15. CAT 245ME

Do you still have this truck?

I see you have a different truck in your avatar.

16. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks a lot like the same truck with a different grill/lights and tires/wheels.

17. plowinzr2

plowinzr2 Senior Member

yea its the same truck alotttt different than when i first got it. ill post a pic of when i got it and what it is now

003.jpg

002.jpg

18. CAT 245ME

I gotta say that the truck looks great,

Do you still run the belt drivin pump, if so have you considered going to electric hydrolic set up?

19. plowinzr2

plowinzr2 Senior Member

yea ive got the old style belt driven pump its not bad a little slow my minute mount was electric and i loved it but it did draw quite a bit on the electrical. i guess if i could find an electric setup i def would switch it over

20. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Looks nice. That's an 8 footer huh. Fisher Speedcast, gotta love 'em!