1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NEW! Studded Diamond Stile ATV Chains

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by mercer_me, Oct 17, 2009.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

2. RLTimbs

RLTimbs Member

Not sure why you would need this..

I've plowed A LOT of snow with my quad. Never had a problem with traction.

Also these chains can mess up driveways

3. mercer_me

I wasn't even thinking about tar. I bet they would work great on dirt though.

4. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I have 2 sets of tires for my 2 quads. and I designated one set for plowing, mudding, and ice fishing. I put chains on one set of tires with the v bar. I had the v-bars on my old 2wd cat. and wow lol they work great but get a rough ride. I bet those diamond ones will give you a better ride and give you great traction on ice.

5. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

i bought chains for both sets of tires and i never even used them lol, what a waste hahaha

6. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

ya I need one more pair of chains for the front tires and I will be set. I didnt use chains on the ice all last year and plus I plowed on the ice all last year with no chains. But I am gonna be pulling the shanty this year and I am gonna need chains.

7. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Any idea on a price range for these things? They do look quite similar to skidder chains.

8. mercer_me

It depends on the size the smallest size cost $106.36 per set (2 tire chains) and the largest size cost $122.50 per set.

9. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

Chains make a huge differance in traction Unless your quad is heavy enough that you don't ever slip/spin the only thing is you've got to be careful if you don't want to mark up the surface your plowing is if you start to spin with chains you have to stop and get another run at it. Chains are also great for chewing up hard packed snow as they bite into the hard snow and start chewing it up.

I plowed for 4 years with out chains and now I Dont plow the deep stuff unless I have the chains on.

nice looking set of chains there.

sublime out.

10. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

yep sublime you are basically talking to me. my quads are very heavy. like tanks haha. and they rarely spin unless im on ice.

11. mercer_me

Same hear. I don't plow much with my ATV, I just plow a few areas were I can't fit my truck. The mane reason I put chains on is for ice fishishing and when I haul my ice shack on the ice.

12. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

haha same here. I have 3 sets of tires for 2 quads. one set has my mud tires, the other has my plow tires, and the others have my ice tires with the chains on them. My quad weighs a ton too so that helps a alot. the rge reads the weight as just a little over 700lbs