1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New strobe lights

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by brandon.edwards, Sep 10, 2014.

1. brandon.edwards

brandon.edwards Member

I just bought a HID xenon strobe kit, It came with a switch that serves as power on/off and also to select different strobe patterns. What i want to do is set the pattern (i really dont care what the pattern is as long as im seen while plowing) and then delete the switch so i can wire them to my upfitters. Is this possible? Has anyone done this before, or even had a kit remotely close to the same?
  2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Never heard of that brad before. Does it have scan lock?

That's what you need for it to remember your pattern.
  3. brandon.edwards

brandon.edwards Member

It's made by LEDGLOW. And I'm not sure on the scan lock. I'll have to read into the instructions in depth
  4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Never heard of them.
  5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yes Just set your pattern and either tape the switch outta the way, or hide it underneath somewhere
  6. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

set your pattern, then remove the wires from the switch and tape them off. this will lock the pattern you select in place.
  7. Pit Crew

Pit Crew Senior Member

Leave the switch intact that came with you strobes. Mount it down low out of the way.wire it up to your upfitters. All you have to do is leave the light switch on.You controll it with your upfitter switch. You still have the ability to change pattern that way.