1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new stobes in my truck!

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by 04tundra, Feb 7, 2011.

1. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

i know im gonna take heavy fire for this one, but i installed strobes in my tundra. :gunsfiring:

now lets see if i can upload a vid....

[​IMG]

2. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

by the way, i hate the song in the background, it just happened to be on the radio

3. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Looks good, what did you install?

4. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

i put in a cheap wolo strobe light kit, 6 lights, i think its a 110 watt power supply. it has 6 different flash patterns, the one i took a vid of is the slowest

5. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

awww....you had me until you said wolo....

to each his own...nice rig..

6. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

Those lights are basically the same as the ones I installed about a month ago and now have around a 100 hrs of use time on them . They are performing "flawlessly" and when I put my truck up next to my buddys that is the road commissioner and has a $1000 Whelen set up as it is a "state vehicle" neither of us can see 5 cents difference. Only time will tell; but so far I am pleased with their performance; and they certainly snap just as bright as ones that cost 4-5X as much money!
    Good luck with them

7. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

thats definitely good to know, i hope they last for me too.

8. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

Dissociative;
    Hey you did a FIRST CLASS job setting up that 2500 HD Black truck with strobes . It looks fantastic very very nice work!
    Now that is a real attention getter! Even in whiteout conditions this truck is going to be the first thing you see!
    Members watch this movie on youtube it is IMPRESSIVE he has it linked above as STROBES

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  9. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

i saw it too, amazing work. wish i could afford a truck like that...

10. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

How's that thing plow?

11. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

i havent plowed with it yet..looks like winters over here in pa :mad:

im just waiting to find a good deal, then jump on it