1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Stainless Sander Platform

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Big Dog D, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

I got sick of seeing the only true dump body I own and salt with constantly rot away and need to be painted so I came up with the idea to build an all stainless steel and pressure treated platform to support the sander. Here is a pic of the fabrication.

#15A.JPG

2. Big Dog D

Another Fab pic.

#15B.JPG

3. Big Dog D

Pic of the platform.

#15C.JPG

4. Big Dog D

Pic of the whole unit complete except for marker lights and reflective tape.

#15D.JPG

5. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

d0od thats sick looking great job, we have an old dodge that the bed is completly rotted away from sanding, its garbage now, we were thinking about making a flatbed/platform to replace it.

6. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Looks Great!!!

Innovation at its best.
    Great Job.

7. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

Very nice!(In borat voice)

8. jazak

jazak Member
    from NJ

Looks great.:nod:

9. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Very impressive! That should stand up to the elements much more effectively.

10. korelandscaping

korelandscaping Member
    from CT

Where did you get the fenders from? I've been looking all over for plastic ones. The stainless steel ones are 550 plus. Thanks

11. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Sweet....Great fab work....

12. Big Dog D

Pioneer Heavy Duty Parts in Seekonk MA. They were $220.00 for the pair and we fabbed the brackets ourselves from some 2''X.25'' flat stock we had on hand for this project.