1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Spreader ?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by GSullivan, Jan 4, 2010.

1. GSullivan

GSullivan Senior Member

I'm trying to decide on which brand spreader to purchase for my 1 ton pick up.I know I'd like to go electric just not sure about poly vs. steel and so forth.Any help from you guys would be great.I do plow with the truck also and I run an 8' Fisher HD plow.The truck is a 2006 Ford Super-Duty F-350 if that matters.Thanks in advance for any help!
  2. GSullivan

GSullivan Senior Member

Come on guys,I find it hard to believe 51 views of this post and no advice!Am I on the right forum?:help:
  3. G&T LAWN

G&T LAWN Senior Member

I have had both. It depends on how much straight sand you are spreading. Sand is pretty tuff on the those electric ones. I perfer electric over the chain and gas operated. No gas, no chains, less problems. I have buyers salt dogg 2.0 yd. Very little problems and probably 350-400 ton of straight salt.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

I've owned the old stlye steel V box, stainless V box with gas, used an electric v with stainless and now just purchased a new SnowEx 8500. The gas ones seem to have a little more power when dealing with fine particle salt and sands but the 8500 is my overall pick to the rest. You have more control over the salt and it is nice knowing you will never run out of gas or have a fouled plug at 4AM.

Plus the ability of leaving salt in the hopper of the 8500 is the best feature of all!!!
  5. JB1

JB1 Senior Member

I hope your right, I just installed one.
  6. GSullivan

GSullivan Senior Member

I'm going to look into that Snow Ex 8500.Thanks for the response.
  7. cda817

cda817 Senior Member

I bought the 1.8cy Polycast this season and am in love with it. It is easy to put in and out without a loader just tip it in and tip it out. Push a but and its on push again and its off. So easy to maintain...Wash, grease 4 fittings and grease connections. THATS IT!!!
  8. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Hope you deiced to use snowex

I switched several years ago to SnowEx and run five models, The only issue for us in six years is one vibrator. They are not the least expensive to buy, but for us they have certainly been the least expensive to own. No downtime!
  9. G&T LAWN

G&T LAWN Senior Member

Where is the best place to buy a snowex. I have a buyers salt dogg that im happy with but was thinking of adding another. Might try a snow ex.
  10. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

What was that comment about leaving salt in the hopper??