1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Spreader!

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by tocs93, Dec 10, 2005.

1. tocs93

tocs93 Junior Member

Well I just purchased a new SnowEx Pivot-Pro 1075 and had my first chance to use it the past few days. I love this spreader. It is easy to use and saves me a ton of time. I am very happy I went with the pivot pro. This mount makes things alot easier when you are by yourself or need access to the bed through the tailgate. The only thing I don't like about the controls is that when you first turn it on it spins real fast at 99 before backing off to the setting you have it on which wastes a bit of salt. I am guessing that this is to clear the hole and get salt unjammed before spreading. Any thoughts or explanations?

Thanks

2. NEHawaiian

NEHawaiian Member
    from CT

I own a sand pro. Mine does the same. Basically what ever is on the spinner is thrown off (snow etc.) it also clears the shoot for material. On your pivot pro did you mount it to your trucks quarter panel? I didn't, I figured a way not to drill into the truck and damaging it. The only holes drilled is in the bumper. This spring I will be fabricating it to come on and off like a boss spreader.:dizzy:

3. golden arches

golden arches Senior Member

I've got the 575 PRO - same thing on starting at 99... if you watch your mirror - it shoots out a lot of salt for those first few seconds.

I appreciate what they are trying to do, but I'd rather have that be my option, not the spreader's.

If anyone comes up with a way to bypass that "99" startup, I'd be interesting in hearing it!

4. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I bought a 1075 about 2 months ago. I have the reciever hitch mount and I love it.....the only thing i'm going to do is buy the vibrator kit because i've had to deal with wet material in the hopper one time and it was a PITA!

5. tocs93

tocs93 Junior Member

I did have 2 small holes drilled in each bed rail. I don't think it is that big of a deal.

I keep all my salt in the garage until i need it so I haven't had any jamming problems. I hope I don't either because that vibrator kit is expensive.

Does anybody run their truck through the touchless automatic carwash with the spreader on?

6. NEHawaiian

NEHawaiian Member
    from CT

As far as running my truck though the carwash with the spreader on, you have to be nuts! I power wash everything that way you don't saturate the motor.

7. tocs93

tocs93 Junior Member

What is the difference between a powerwasher and a touchless carwash? The motor is completely enclosed and the owners manual simply states not to powerwash closer than 3 ft. away from motor.

8. NEHawaiian

NEHawaiian Member
    from CT

for me the touchless carwash is placed only a foot to a foot and a half away and depending on your truck length it may be a little closer with the spreader on. Other than that there is no difference. I just like to do a complete job with a pressure washer cause I shoot inside and clean all the sand and salt out.:)

9. mtfd774

mtfd774 Member
    from conn

Does anybody know ?

Does anyone know someone or own the Snow ex junior 325 model. How well it works and if worth the 800 bucks

10. NEHawaiian

NEHawaiian Member
    from CT

As far as the micro pro 325, Don't know anyone that owns it. Looked in the Central Parts Warehouse Catalog and they price it at $733.57 plus shipping. So if it brand new you are paying an average price. The list price on it is $950.00.