1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by HOLLYWOOD, Nov 13, 2004.

1. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Member

I'm getting centrals hydraulics and a SS steel under tail gate spreader for my F450 . How many of you guys are running them? any advice. I cant wait not to have to shovel salt in to my tailgate hopper any more and be able to use the dump bed still.

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I have one on my 1999 3500hd. The hydraulics are great. 2 things to think about if you haven't already bought one. Buy the dual auger model just incase you ever want to spread sand and I wish I would have bought the tailgate replacement one so the spinner would be a lot higher from the ground. Don't drive around with the box all the way up and if your box is electric/hydraulic see how much it would be to convert it to the same hydraulics you are using for your salter. Sometimes when you raise your box all the way up and too much sand slides to the back and into the salter you may have a hard time lowering the box as too much weight has gone to the back of the truck.

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Hollywood check this out. www.bonnellindustries.com Then manufactured products then spreaders then model R161-DD. This is the type that the town uses around here and they are the best that I have seen. This is the style that I am going to get next time.

4. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

I am running a Flink Center discharge hyd undertailgate

As for the dump isssue, be sure it is a power up and power down dump body. If you are going to do any salt work you will not be sorry getting the power up/down.