1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Spray Truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by n y snow pros, Oct 12, 2000.

1. n y snow pros

n y snow pros Senior Member

We finally got our tanker truck up and running to spray large salt piles with Magic.We bought 95 International tanker truck with a 3500 gallon capacity.We found this truck on the computer in fact its the 1st thing i ever bought on line.Anyway it was originally used at Chicago O'hara airport for washing planes.We mounted 2 one inch lines with fire type nozzels,so that we could work with 2 loaders at a time.Before this tanker we could only carry enough Magic to spray about 50 tons,now we can spray 435 tons before we have to reload.I have also quickly learned when you reduce a 3 inch line to 1 inch the pressure is increased dramatically and you gotta hold onto the hose or everthing turns brown including myself and it smells a bit like beer.Well we learn from our mistakes.

2. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Oh, Oh.....

Hey John..... can you deliver to Iowa.... Storm's gonna want some of that beer smellin stuff to work with....

3. iowastorm

iowastorm Senior Member

We've been considering buying a tanker truck too, but not that large. Let me know if there any others floating around. And, heck, if it can spray de-icer and hold beer, man I'm in perfect shape for the winter.